Lead Paint Test Kits

Catalog » Home and Family Safety » Test Kits » Lead Paint Test Kits

A home’s year of construction can be a clues as to the likelihood that lead is present in its paint. Homes older than 1940 almost certainly contain lead paint, homes built between 1960 and 1978 may contain lead paint, while homes built after 1978 are less likely to have lead-based paint.

by First Alert
List Price: $19.99 USD
Lowest Price: $8.82 USD
In Stock: 13

by Homax
List Price: $11.99 USD
Lowest Price: $16.95 USD
In Stock: 3

by Homax
List Price: $35.97 USD
Lowest Price: $39.99 USD
In Stock: 1

Find More Lead Paint Test Kits at Amazon.com...

Search Our Site
Custom Search
Expert Advice
One myth related to lead-based paint is that the most common cause of poisoning was eating leaded paint chips. In fact, the most common pathway of childhood lead exposure is through ingestion of lead dust through normal hand-to-mouth contact during which children swallow lead dust dislodged from deteriorated paint or leaded dust generated during remodeling or painting. Lead dust from remodeling or deteriorated paint lands on the floor near where children play and can ingest it.
Latest News

September 5th, 2012
Placement of Carbon Monoxide CO Detectors Important
Re-posting one of our most popular topics - where to place your carbon monoxide detector: Homeowners should remember not to install carbon monoxide detectors directly above or ...

December 1st, 2010
Fire is Smoke and Gas (Video Parts 1 & 2)
While home sick from work today, I was channel surfing the local cable stations, and stopped when I found a compelling fire safety video concerning the dangers of smoke inhalation ...

October 25th, 2010
Seven people taken to local hospital due to carbon monoxide exposure in Green Bay, WI
Source: WFRV News GREEN BAY, Wi–(WFRV) The Green Bay Fire Department responded to a carbon monoxide call on Saturday evening at 10:42 pm. The home residence, 1600 Farlin ...

October 25th, 2010
Carbon Monoxide Detector Saves Seven Lives in Howard County, MD
Source: Oct 25, 2010 - Washington Examiner Howard County fire officials say a home where seven Elkridge residents suffered carbon monoxide poisoning had a working carbon monoxide ...

October 5th, 2010
Carbon Monoxide - A Clear, Odorless Gas That Goes Virtually Undetected
Author: Maria Richmond for HomeSafe.com It has no smell, nor can you see carbon monoxide, yet it is very dangerous and kills several hundred people each year. Carbon monoxide is ...

Read more news